Historic Buildings

LogoRoyalAlbatrossWing

Municipal Chambers, The Octagon

Municipal Chambers, The Octagon

Noted Victorian Architect R. A. Lawson designed this handsome Italianate structure in 1878. Completed in 1880, it was greatly modified over the years, with the removal of it's front steps to first floor level in1939 and the lopping of the 47 metre bell tower to just above clock level in 1963. Its full restoration was completed in 1989.

Visit Dunedin is part of the Visit New Zealand websides:
Find out more About the Visit Dunedin Website © Copyright 1997 - 2017, Visit New Zealand.  All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer

Aspect WebDesign

Visit New Zealand

VNZLogoSm30
Home

Visit Dunedin

Otago Peninsula

Visit Queenstown

Visit Central Otago

Visit Catlins

Visit Southern Coast

Visit Invercargill

Visit Stewart Island

Visit Westcoast

Visit Nelson

Visit Kaikoura

Visit Christchurch

Visit Oamaru Waitaki

 

Visit Northland

Visit Auckland

 

Romantic Accommodation

 

Eco Friendly
New Zealand